Nashville Public Library Foundation’s
Show us why you love the Library and win! Watch for our #ShareOurStoryNPL photo booths to appear in your local library, snap your photo and share to win! Or just tweet @NPLFoundation telling us why you love the Library.
Enter to Win via Twitter by:
- Send a tweet to @NPLFoundation with a photo of yourself in one of our #ShareOurStoryNPL photo booths or just tell us why you love the Nashville Public Library.
- Be sure to mention @NPLFoundation and include the hashtag #ShareOurStoryNPL to be entered to win!
Win one of these great prizes:
- 2 Tickets to Salon@615 Special Edition with Zadie Smith
Author of White Teeth, The Autograph Man, On Beauty, Changing My Mind & Swing Time
January 19 at 6:30 p.m.
McAfee Concert Hall at Belmont University
Includes 2 copies of book Swing Time
Package Estimated Value: $63
- 2 Tickets to Salon@615 Special Edition with Veronica Roth
#1 New York Times bestselling author of Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection
January 20 at 6:15 p.m.
Nashville Children’s Theatre
Includes 2 pre-signed copies of book Carve the Mark
Package Estimated Value: $55
- Family Package to NPLF’s “Picnic with the Library” Event
NPLF’s annual family event with food, drinks, puppets & more!
Sunday, April 30, 2017
NPL Main Library
Includes tickets for 2 adults & 4 children
Package Estimated Value: $250
Official Contest Rules:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who participate via Twitter entry to @NPLFoundation with the hashtag #ShareOurStoryNPL or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and who are 18 years old as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the state of Tennessee, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Nashville Public Library Foundation and the Nashville Library, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Nashville Public Library Foundation as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday, December 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm CST and ending Monday, January 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm CST. All online entries must be received by Monday, January 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm CST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using NPLF’s Twitter handle (@NPLFoundation) and hashtag (#ShareOurStoryNPL). The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Nashville Public Library Foundation. You may enter only once per day. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple Twitter accounts, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of NPLF. All entries must follow standard Twitter usage rules.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one of the following prizes: Two (2) Tickets to Salon@615 author event with Zadie Smith on 1/19/17 with two copies of book Swing Time (estimated value $63.00); Two (2) Tickets to Salon@615 Special Edition author event with Veronica Roth on 1/20/17 with two pre-signed copies of book Carve the Mark; or “Picnic Basket Package” for Family (Tickets for 2 adults and 4 children) to NPLF’s Picnic with the Library event on 4/30/17 (estimated value: $250). Winners will be announced by 5:00 pm CST on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by NPLF. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at NPLF’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for NPLF to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision ofthe Nashville Public Library Foundation. Winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter within five (5) days following selection of Winner. NPLF shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT NPLF’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that NPLF, anyone acting on behalf of NPLF, and NPLF’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of NPLF. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NPLF from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which NPLF may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: NPLF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond NPLF’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, NPLF may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by NPLF. NPLF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. NPLF has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, NPLF reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless NPLFand its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America AND the state of Tennessee, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:The Nashville Public Library Foundation, 615 Church St, Nashville, TN 37216. Requests must be received no later than January 31, 2017.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is The Nashville Public Library Foundation, 615 Church St, Nashville, TN 37216.
- The Campaign hosted by NPLF is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. The Nashville Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit which raises funds to support and enhance the Nashville Public Library.