Next Chapter Society members of the Nashville Public Library Foundation play a critical role in sustaining and enhancing the Library’s award-winning programs that change the lives of more than 600,000 Nashvillians a year. These programs help children and adults learn vital reading skills, inspire teens to explore technology in state-of-the-art spaces and bring the community together to hear award-winning authors, enjoy visual art exhibits and hear live music.
Become a member of the Next Chapter Society and join a network of civic-minded, emerging leaders dedicated to supporting and empowering one of our city’s greatest resources – the Nashville Public Library.
With an annual membership to the Next Chapter Society, you will receive:
- Welcome pack with an exclusive NCS library card
- Opportunities to network with other library-loving peers at our free NCS Book Club, Member Socials and Happy Hour events with NPLF Board Members
- Discounted tickets to NCS fundraising events
- Invitations to volunteer at special events like Salon@615 author talks and NPLF’s Literary Award Gala
- Outreach opportunities to represent NPLF at community events
- Invitation to apply for a leadership position on the Next Chapter Society Council
Upcoming Events (All scheduled NCS events are being hosted virtually.)
- January 13 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. – Social Justice
- March 24 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. – Ladies of Literature
- May 12 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. – Literature and Film/TV
Learn more and register here: nplf.org/events/ncs-literary-trivia
The NCS Book Club offers a lively and relaxed discussion about the select book and themes addressed in the book. All are welcome, including non-members and those who have not read the book.
- Tuesday, January 26 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: The Truths We Hold by Kamala Harris
- Tuesday, February 23 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Tuesday, April 27 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
- Tuesday, June 22 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: Slippery Creatures by K.J. Charles
- Tuesday, August 24 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- Tuesday, September 28 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika Sánchez
- Tuesday, October 26 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.: The Underground Railroad: A Novel by Colson Whitehead
To participate in a book club, follow this link to register and receive the Zoom login information.
For updates and opportunities, sign up for our monthly e-news, and connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. To learn more about NCS membership, contact us at NextChapterNashville@gmail.com or 615-862-5843.