— WE’RE HIRING! —
Institutional Giving Coordinator
The Institutional Giving Coordinator will support the cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship of corporate, foundation, and government donors who contribute to the Library and Foundation’s programs, events, and special projects. The Institutional Giving Coordinator reports to the Director of Institutional Giving.
This position has special responsibility for ensuring that the Library and Foundation fulfill its obligations regarding sponsorship benefits and grant reporting requirements. This will require relationship building across multiple Library departments and with external partners.
- Maintain an effective and accurate program of institutional donor recognition across a variety of NPL/F communications channels and materials
- Maintain the schedule of grant requirements and reports, and in coordination with the operations and finance team, help ensure compliance with grant guidelines
- Produce grant and sponsorship reports, working across Library departments to gather content, outcomes, collateral, and financial information to demonstrate partnership impact
- Oversee acknowledgment letters and other routine correspondence to major institutional donors, with the support of the Administrative Assistant
- Help develop attractive materials and presentations for funders
- In coordination with NPL’s volunteer services team, help identify, develop, coordinate, and oversee institutional partner volunteer engagements
Identification, cultivation, solicitation
- Manage a portfolio of institutional partners contributing less than $10,000 each year (as assigned by and at the discretion of the IG Director).
- Assist with the preparation and assemblage of proposals and solicitation materials
- In coordination with the database manager, assist with prospect research, development of prospect lists, maintenance of donor/prospect profiles, and recording contacts
- Support daily implementation of moves management system to assist with timely and systematic cultivation and solicitation of donors
- Support the Director of Institutional Giving with scheduling meetings, drafting meeting agendas and providing other administrative support as needed
- Participate as a staff member of the Development Department, including attending regular meetings, following all departmental procedures, and assisting others with department priorities, including two signature fundraising events
- Support the overall objectives of the Library and Foundation and act as an ambassador for the institution
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years’ experience in the nonprofit field, preferably in fundraising/stewardship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and acute attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Solid computer literacy and skill in conducting researching and preparing attractive materials
- Analytical and adept with databases and spreadsheets
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission of NPL/F
- Fast learner and proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work occasional events and weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calls regarding the position will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2018.