— WE’RE HIRING! —
Director of Communications and Marketing
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for all organization-wide marketing and communications efforts. This individual develops and drives NPLF’s integrated communications products and services including but not limited to: print and digital collateral and constituent reports; web, social media, and online communications; event collateral and promotion; and media and public relations. The Director must regularly exhibit creativity, efficiency and strong communication skills in a collaborative team environment, to enhance and protect the organization’s brand.
The Director of Marketing and Communication reports to the NPLF President.
- Creates, implements and measures the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance NPLF’s image within the community, broaden awareness of its work, and attract new donors
- Develops and implements multi-channel, integrated approaches to sharing content and fundraising appeals with target audiences; ensuring that digital channels and techniques are embedded across our range of fundraising communications and activities
- Develops, maintains, and reports on key performance indicators for communications and online fundraising efforts
- Manages the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to annual reports, e-newsletters, brochures, donor communications, and NPLF website
- Engages, cultivates, and manages press relationships to ensure coverage of NPLF programs, events, and public announcements; write press releases
- Acts as a liaison with the Library’s marketing team, vendors and/or contract employees
- Works with the database manager to ensure that data is captured and held appropriately
- Develops short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitoring progress, assuring adherence, and evaluating performance
- Keeps informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations in a non-profit setting and using the information to help NPLF operate with initiative and innovation
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong background in fundraising strategy, communications, and technical knowledge of digital marketing practices and techniques
- Strong writing and editing skills
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to unify and position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- A highly collaborative style; an ability to manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently and in partnership with staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism or related field
- Five to seven years’ communications experience, ideally within a complex nonprofit entity
- Knowledge and understanding of crowdfunding and/or peer to peer platforms, social media channels and best practices, search engine optimization, HTML and CSS, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements, along with a writing sample, to email@example.com.
Calls regarding the position will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2018.