Carnegie Society members are building a brighter city by inspiring reading, advancing learning and connecting our community.
A nod to Andrew Carnegie, the philanthropic leader responsible for building Nashville’s first public libraries and for laying the foundation with which NPLF’s efforts stand today, the Carnegie Society is an annual giving opportunity that supports the Nashville Public Library and its mission to provide education, literacy and equal access for all.
Our Carnegie Society members allow us, year after year, to create and sustain programs that change the lives of more than 600,000 Nashville residents. These programs help children and adults learn vital reading skills, inspire teens to explore technology in state-of-the-art spaces and bring the community together to hear award-winning authors, enjoy visual art exhibits and hear live music.
Become a member of the Carnegie Society and join a circle of civic-minded individuals dedicated to making our city a more vibrant, literate and connected place to live and work.
As a member of the Carnegie Society you will receive:
- An invitation to participate in the Carnegie Society Book Club, an exclusive annual opportunity to discover and discuss great reads
- Special invitations to unique Library Foundation events, such as our special library briefings, Salon@615 author talks and VIP receptions
- A commemorative NPLF library card
- Recognition in the Library Foundation’s Annual Report
Patron: $5,000 – $9,999
Director: $3,000 – $4,999
Member: $1,500 – $2,999
Join Carnegie Society Today
Carnegie Society Members
As of February 2016
Annual gift of $10,000+
Mrs. William Cochran Sr.
Mrs. Martha R. Ingram
Mr. and Mrs. Eric Paisley
Mr. and Mrs. Stuart W. Speyer
Annual gift of $5,000-$9,999
Mr. and Mrs. Dierks Bentley
Mr. and Mrs. Dennis Bottorff
The Reverend Canon and Mrs. Fred Dettwiller
Willard R. And Frances J. Hendrix Foundation
Mr. and Mrs. William B. King
Mr. and Mrs. Overton T. Smith
Dr. and Mrs. John S. Warner
Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Williams III.
Annual gift of $3,000-$4,999
Dr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Balser
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Bovender
Mr. and Mrs. Gene Fleming
Dr. and Mrs. J. Brevard Haynes
Doy and Margaret McCall Family Foundation
Dr. and Mrs. Philip M. Pfeffer
Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin R. Rechter
Ms. Virginia K Rothrock
Mr. and Mrs. Stephen F. Wood
Annual gift of $1,500-$2,999
- Dr. Dave and Beth Alexander
- The Honorable and Mrs. Lamar Alexander
- Ms. Susan Adams Andrews
- Mr. and Mrs. J. Barry Banker
- Mr. and Mrs. H. Lee Barfield II
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert E. Baulch III
- Mr. and Mrs. R.E. Baulch, Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. David J. Baulch
- Mr. and Mrs. John S. Beasley II
- Ms. Barbara Bell
- Ms. Miriam L. Bliss and Mr. Dwayne W. Barrett
- Mr. Todd Bottorff
- The Honorable Philip Bredesen and Ms. Andrea Conte
- Mr. and Mrs. Martin S. Brown Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. Phillip Brown
- Mrs. Iris W. Buhl
- Mr. and Mrs. Frank M. Bumstead
- Mr. and Mrs. William H. Cammack
- Mr. Scott C. Chambers
- Ms. Corey Chatis
- Mr. and Mrs. John W. Clay Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. James F. Conrad
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles W. Cook Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Cruickshanks Jr.
- Mr. Carlisle R. Davis, Jr.
- Ms. Caroline A. Davis
- Mr. Karl F. Dean and Ms. Delta Anne Davis
- Mrs. Jerald Doochin
- Mr. and Mrs. Townes Duncan
- Mrs. Irwin B. Eskind
- Dr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Eskind
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard Eskind
- Dr. and Mrs. Steven Eskind
- Mr. and Mrs. Steven D. Ezell
- Mr. and Mrs. H. Naill Falls, Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. James L. Flautt
- Ms. Beth A. Fortune and Ms. Debbie Turner
- Dr. and Mrs. Robert A. Frist
- Mr. and Mrs. William R. Frist
- Mr. and Mrs. Thomas F. Frist III
- The Honorable and Mrs. William H. Frist, M.D.
- Dr. and Mrs. Thomas F. Frist, Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Joel C. Gordon
- Mr. and Mrs. Jeffery N. Haynes
- The Honorable and Mrs. Douglas S. Henry Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. James G. Hughes
- Mr. and Mrs. David B. Ingram, Ingram Entertainment Inc.
- Mr. and Mrs. Gavin Ivester
- Mr. and Mrs. Clay T. Jackson
- Mrs. Harold E. Jackson Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Johnson
- Dr. and Mrs. Will D. Kendrick
- Dr. and Mrs. Howard Kirshner
- Mr. and Mrs. Walter G. Knestrick
- Ms. Leona M. Pratt and Mr. Neil B. Krugman
- Dr. Kristine LaLonde and Dr. Claudio Mosse
- Mr. Edward D. Lanquist
- Ms. Elyse Adler and Mr. Adam Liff
- Mr. and Mrs. J. Richard Lodge
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael F. Lovett
- Mr. Mark Magnuson and Mr. Steve Westfield
- Dr. and Mrs. Raymond S. Martin III
- Mr. Andrew L. May and Dr. Nancy J. Brown
- Mr. and Mrs. Mark A. McNeely
- Mr. and Mrs. Jon Meacham
- Mr. Rusty Miller and Dr. Heather Fairbank
- Dr. and Mrs. Chris Mixon
- Dr. and Mrs. Brent Moody
- Ms. Diane D Mosley
- Mr. and Mrs. Ralph W. Mosley
- Dr. and Mrs. Thomas Nesbitt, Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Kent Oliver
- Mr. and Mrs. Laurence M. Papel
- Mr. and Mrs. Scott M. Portis
- Mr. and Mrs. Gustavus A. Puryear IV
- Mrs. Walter M. Robinson Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. Charles E. Roos
- Mr. and Mrs. Eric Satz
- Mrs. J. Ronald Scott
- Mr. and Mrs. Zulu Scott-Barnes
- Mr. and Mrs. Walter Searcy
- Mrs. John Seigenthaler
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert A. Sewell
- Mrs. Joan B. Shayne
- Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan A. Shayne
- Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Sherrard III
- Mr. and Mrs. Keith B. Simmons
- Mr. and Mrs. W. Lucas Simons
- Mr. and Mrs. William T. Spitz
- Mr. and Mrs. Joe N. Steakley
- Mr. and Mrs. John Stein
- Mr. and Mrs. Howard L. Stringer
- Drs. Rebecca and Michael Swan
- The Honorable Aleta Trauger and Mr. Byron Trauger
- Mr. and Mrs. H. Calister Turner III
- Mr. and Mrs. James S. Turner Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. J. Stephen Turner
- Ms. Katy Varney and Mr. Dave Goetz Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. Daniel D. Viner
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard F. Warren
- Dr. Jonna and Mr. Douglas B. Whitman
- Mr. and Mrs. Marcus Whitney
- Mr. and Mrs. Blair J. Wilson
- Mrs. Martin Zeitlin
- Chancellor Nicholas S. Zeppos and Ms. Lydia Howarth